Mr Munther Al Dahshan, Gaza, February 2012
At the tail end of 2011, a 47 year old patient named Munther Al Dahshan presented at our Gaza Clinic suffering from a squint and failing vision.
Despite his poor eyesight, Mr Al Dahshan appeared well and intent upon getting married and starting a family. But he wanted to have his eyes looked at before doing so, and this was the first opportunity he’d had.
Suffering from gunshot wounds, Mr Al Dahshan has spent more than 29 years in prison, finally being released on 18 October 2011.
According to Mr Al Dahshan, he came to the St. John Eye Eye Clinic in Gaza because he knew that it was the only clinic that could save his sight and improve his vision.
When he was examined by medical staff at the clinic, as well as the squint in his right eye, he was also found to be suffering from cataract. A treatment plan was scheduled and on 18 December, 2011, Mr Al Dahshan was finally able to undergo a phacoemulsification procedure to remove his cataract. This was successful and he now possesses a good degree of vision.
On 16 January this year, Mr Al Dahshan then underwent surgery to improve the cosmetic appearance of the squint in his right eye.
Mr Al Dahshan was now able to see – and be seen – again, and ready to be married. Upon leaving us, he expressed his gratitude to the staff at our clinic for performing his surgeries and for giving him the chance to live a better and happier life.
Since that time, Mr Al Dahshan has, indeed, married and started his new life. He is looking forward to having children of his own.
- Case Studies
- Case Studies Archive
- Mrs Khadra Marawa, Tamoon near Jenin, May 2012
- Mrs Fawzieh Mohammad Abu Imayyer, Beit Awwa, March 2012
- Miriam, Tulkarem, February 2012
- Mahmoud Dar Edwan, Qalandia Refugee Camp, February 2012
- Mr Majdi Zaki Asmar, Askar Refugee Camp, February 2012
- Mr Munther Al Dahshan, Gaza, February 2012
- Mrs Mufedeh Salah, Kufer Jamal, January 2012
- Ahmad Rabaia, Jenin, January 2012
- Hiba Karayra, Fondokomia, October 2011
- Mariam Awad, Gaza, September 2011
- Amjad Barakat, Jerusalem, September 2011
- Mahmoud and Mustafa Twam, Ramallah, August 2011
- Mr. Moh’d Jaradat, Idna, July 2011
- Ra’fat and Aseel Yaseen, Asseralh Elshamalieh in Nablus, July 2011
- Jinna Jamil, Bedia, near Nablus, July 2011
- Mohammad Awwad, Talfeet, June 2011
- Mrs Ala’ Mansour, Qalqilya, June 2011
- Mohammad El Foudi, Tulkarm Refugee Camp, June 2011
- Suliman Rastieh, Jericho, June 2011
- Shorouq Mohamadin, Masafer Bani Naim Bedouin Camp, May 2011
- Mrs Bahijeh Fahim, Taybeh, April 2011
- Mohammed Alkharbeesh, Gaza, March 2011
- Mohammad Amro, Dura, February 2011
- Rama Waleed Odeh, Ramallah, February 2011
- Mr Adel Abu El Rub, Qalandia Refugee Camp, February 2011
- The Najar Family, Nablus, January 2011
- Ahmed Elnajar, Gaza, January 2011
- Brothers Bashar and Ibrahim Mahmoud al Haj, Jalqamous, December 2010
- Mrs Shamasneh, Ramallah, December 2010
- The Libdeh Family, Jerusalem, December 2010
- The Thawabteh Family, Bethlehem, December 2010
- Hiba Sahwel, Gaza, October 2010
- Fadi Anwar, Gaza, September 2010
- Mrs Mousa, Jericho, September 2010
- Ayyoub Mohammad, Jericho, March 2010
- Mr. Nawaf Khader, Sawahreh Village, March 2010
- Hamzeh Ziad Mohammad Farawani, Askar Refugee Camp, March 2010